Maintenance & Warranty
Love Your vehicle and enjoy the benefits of the coating applied which include:
· the extra time you will have with the reduced time taken to care for your vehicle
· brilliant shine
· looking cleaner for longer
· extra dollars in your pocket from less trips to the detailers or buying products
DSM ShineCon recommends that you carry out the following maintenance for your vehicle:
DO NOT wash your vehicle for 7 days after the coating has been applied
ONLY wash the vehicle with a PH neutral car wash/shampoo or just clean water!
AVOID washing your vehicle in direct sunlight and in hot conditions. Best to wash the vehicle in the shade or when the panels have cooled down
RECOMMENDED to use a microfibre cloth to wash and dry
DO NOT take your vehicle through automated car wash machines
DO NOT use:
· abrasive cleaning products such as polish
· degreasers or solvents
· brushes to clean your panels
as these may reduce the effectiveness of coating and void your warranty
DO remove any bird/bat droppings or other contaminants as soon as possible to reduce the acidic effect. Best to cover the affected area with a wet microfibre cloth that has been soaked in a PH neutral car shampoo, leave for a couple of minutes and then gently wipe clean. Do not pick/scratch the contaminants off or use a brush/scourer.
DO wash your vehicle at least once a month
DSM ShineCon sincerely hopes that you will love your ceramic coating and it continues to perform as expected for the duration of the warranty period (and beyond!) but for your peace of mind warrants; subject to the Terms & Conditions of this warranty that your sacrificial ceramic coating will perform for a period of 24 months or 100 washes and will protect against:
Minor Surface Abrasions
In the unlikely event a claim is required to made, please notify DSM ShineCon as soon as you are aware of an occurrence which falls outside of the Exclusions, as set out below.
DSM ShineCon will arrange an inspection of the vehicle and, if the claim is warranted will arrange for the damage to be rectified and reapply the coating as required.
For ToughSeal Products:
ToughSeal nano Paint Protection
ToughSeal QFX Ceramic Coating
ToughSeal warrants the products - for new vehicles up to 10 years or 200,000km's!!
This warranty will be void if any of the following occurrences take place:
1. Paint damage as a result of:
b. Inherent paint defects causing delamination which would be covered by manufacturer’s warranty,
c. Underlying rust coming through,
d. Contact with acids, other non-pH neutral chemicals,
e. Stone chips.
2. Any coated panels are repaired/repainted/replaced, and the protection has not been re-applied by DSM ShineCon, or a DSM ShineCon authorised partner;
3. Damage/imperfections as a result of the owner of the vehicle attempting to repair/reapply coating themselves;
4. If coated panels are altered/modified post ceramic coating, i.e.
a. Stickers/decals applied,
b. Magnetic signage,
c. Vinyl wrap,
d. Spoilers/splitters/skirts etc.
5. Damage resulted due to poor washing/polishing practices, i.e. dropping sponge/microfiber on the floor and dragging stones/debris across the coated paintwork; and
6. Failure to wash/maintain the coated panels at least once a month with a suitable car wash product that does not contain wax; i.e. do not use wash & wax products. Refer to Recommended Maintenance procedure.
Terms & Conditions
1. To lodge a valid claim, DSM ShineCon must be notified within 14 days of the occurrence occasioning a claim and provide evidence that:
a. You are the Vehicle Owner and was at the time of coating,
b. Proof of purchase,
c. Details of the claim
2. Any coated panels that have been repaired/repainted/replaced, must have the coating reapplied by DSM ShineCon, at the vehicle owner’s expense, within 30 days of the repair/repainting/replacement.
3. The vehicle is required to be presented to DSM ShineCon for an annual inspection, the cost of which is to be borne by the vehicle owner. DSM ShineCon will endeavour to make arrangements suitable to both parties.
4. The warranty is only valid for the Vehicle Owner who owns the vehicle at the time of coating.
5. This warranty will be voided if any there is any failure to comply with the Terms & Conditions as set out in this warranty.
6. The full warranty specified is only applicable for non-commercial applications. Commercial applications will only be warranted for a period of 6 months
7. Payment terms are: All services are to be paid in full at time of service with one of the methods previously outlined.
To Make a Claim
1. To lodge a claim, DSM ShineCon must be notified within 14 days of the occurrence occasioning a claim and provide evidence that:
a. You are the Vehicle Owner and was at the time of coating being applied,
b. Proof of purchase,
c. Details of the claim.
2. The Vehicle Owner is to make arrangements to make the car available for inspection at a mutually agreed location. Where possible DSM ShineCon will endeavour to come to you,
3. The cost of making the claim is borne by the Vehicle Owner, i.e.:
a. Travel costs and any incidental expenses in relation to the travel to have the vehicle inspected and any subsequent re-works such as reapplication etc.,
b. Cost of any replacement vehicle whist the warranty claim repairs are being undertaken.
This warranty is in addition to your consumer rights and the services provided cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You will be entitled to replacement or refund for a Major Failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the goods fail to be of an acceptable quality and, provided the failure does not amount to a Major Failure, you will be entitled to a repair or replacement of the product